Thursday, June 28, 2007

SHORTER but SMARTER

When I picked up Dominick from daycare this afternoon, I thought he looked shorter than the other kids so I asked his teacher if he was the shortest. I'm always curious to know how tall he will be because to me he seems so short. She said "Yeah, I think he's the shortest and the smartest". Huh??? I asked her what she meant and she said that he is just so smart and he says way more words than any other kid in his class. Of course that made me so proud! I guess Little Man will take after his Momma in both height and brains, hee-hee (just joking about the brains comment!).




I was transferring some home videos the other day and I could not believe Dominick had been home 4 weeks and was just a little bitty chunk and he already knew the sounds for a cow, dog, duck, and sheep. I am just so amazed how quickly these little guys pick things up. The child had only heard Spanish his entire 9 month life and he caught on to English immediately. My mom taught him to do sweet eyes in 15 minutes on our 2nd day in Guatemala. It just amazes me how God creates little ones and makes them so special.





One of Dominick's art projects this week was making a hat. He was sooooo proud of his hat, he ran all over the house looking for his Daddeeee to show him his hat.



The hat created by Dominick


Oh, by the way, Dominick's surgery went great! He was a terror coming out of Anastasia and took a long nap that day, but other than that I pretty much couldn't tell much of a difference in him. He ate and drank like his usual self. However, I forgot about his tongue and must have brushed his bottom teeth too hard tonight and he said "Bo-Bo Momma" and I noticed it was bleeding a little under his tongue. Poor baby! That's one of his new tricks now, anytime he barely bumps himself, he says "Bo-Bo" and wants you to kiss that spot. Sometimes he just holds out his arm and says BO-BO so I'll kiss it. So sweet!

I'm going to my parents house until Monday so I definitely won't be blogging over the weekend. Hope you all have a great 4th of July. I'll probably be at home packing more boxes, fun, fun!

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

HE IS A GENIUS!!! He is so adorable.
Oh, I started my own blog. Not much there yet. I will try to keep up with it.
Mrs. Rhonda

Candy said...

LOVE HIS SHOES and they are his Mother In laws favorite color...hehe...Hey I married a Chunky Monkey so Kya just might do the same...we will miss you this next weekend at the resort...HUGS

Anonymous said...

He is such a cutie, love the orange Crocs! I cannot believe how big he is getting.

Love,
Kate

Katie said...

I love the hat he made and his crocs !!! The book is by Jamie Lee Curtis and its called "Tell me again about the night I was born" -- Its my favorite !!