Thursday, February 1, 2007

Back to the doctor we go!!!

Dominick has been having a cold and ear infection FO-EVA, actually like about 3 weeks. He was on antibiotics for 10 days, then went straight back to the doctor last Friday b/c I wasn't sure if the ear was completely better. It wasn't so I'm so glad I went. The Doc gave him a shot and said it would do the trick. Weeeeelllllll, IT DIDN'T WORK!!! The ear has to be worse than ever because the poor child is sticking his fingers in both ears A LOT. So, tomorrow is BACK TO THE DOCTOR! I didn't even bother telling Jon because he hates giving our money to doctors and pharmacies. I don't mind a bit, we are the biggest "money-wasters" you've ever met, and spending money to get your child to feel better is definitely NOT a waste of money. Sorry Jon, maybe you should have gone to medical school, then you could take that little ear thingy and look in Dominick's ears yourself and we wouldn't have to pay for someone else to do it.

Anyway, not much else is happening. I don't have any new pictures but I'll post some old ones so I don't get fussed at. Oh, a funny story, Dominick is always standing right next to me when I pee-pee. I know you Mom's all know what I'm talking about. So when I finished pee-peeing, I hurry up and put the toilet lid down and then flush the toilet so that Little Man doesn't stick his hands in there. He loves to do that when given the opportunity. So when I flush the toilet, he always squats down and tries to look in the little crack to see in the toilet. It's really cute, but I kept thinking, if only the poor child knew, all he has to do is raise the toilet seat, Hee-Hee! Well, guess what Little Man learned to do last night. Yep, raise the toilet seat. So now not only does he shred and eat toilet paper, he also tries to raised the toilet lid and swish his little hands in there. I think I've mastered the technique of washing my hands, etc. while keeping one foot on the toilet lid and hearing Dominick scream and try to pull my foot off the lid. I guess I have to buy one of those safety thingies for the toilet. Yippeee, that's exactly what I wanted to do, NOT.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Lyn.... he gets cuter and cuter. What a sweetie. So sorry to hear about his little ears. The toilet story is hilarious!!!! We had a first tonight.... Ann Marie pee peed in the potty and then put her hands in it. Sounds like her and Dominick are both fascinated with the toilet. hahahaha. Take care and hope Dominick gets to feeling better really soon.

Christine

Anonymous said...

Little man is learning new things every day. So sorry to hear about his ears. Give him a big hug and kisses from me and Paw Paw.

Love,
Mom

HollyGee said...

OH MY you must kiss those cheeks a thousand times a day:)

I'm so sorry that he is sick, it's awful to see them feeing that way. The toilet story is very funny.

Anonymous said...

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm!? I know how frustrated you are. It stinks when a sickness lingers like that. Poor guy. I'm sure he must feel rotten having his ears hurt like that. Give him lots of love from his Nanny. I wish I could do something for ya. He is such an angel.

~Kate

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

He is so adorable. I love the bathroom story. Hope his ear gets better soon.