Saturday, December 30, 2006

RAIN, RAIN, GO AWAY...

Today was a rainy, depressing day. It rained from the time I woke up until now (9:40 P.M.). Yuck! It already sucks bad enough knowing this is my last week home with Dominick, the rain sure didn't help. I officially start back at work on Jan. 16, but I'm gonna send Dominick to daycare for about 4 hours a day starting next week, just to get him used to it. While he's at daycare, I'll go to my school and help out in my class, to get reacquainted with everything going on there. YUCK!

When Dominick starts daycare, they take naps on those little mats on the floor, the kind they use in kindergarten. I am freaking out thinking, there is no way this child is going to sleep on that mat, much less in the same room with 7 other one-year-olds. The daycare teacher told me that all the parents freak out about that but that he WILL learn to do it. So today Jon and I laid the little mat on the floor in his room and pretended to sleep for about an hour in hopes of getting him used to it. Well guess what, IT DIDN'T WORK!!! He happily played in his dark room the whole time. Oh well, I will probably have a very unrested, cranky baby on my hands for several weeks until he learns the whole nap routine at daycare. Poor baby!

I am just freaking out about everything, like how am I going to get myself and Dominick ready and out the door by 6:30 every morning. Jon leaves before I even wake up so forget about thinking I have help around here. And what am I going to eat for breakfast??? I used to stop at Sonic every single day for my diet coke and breakfast, but I'm not gonna have time for that. I seriously thought all day, how am I gonna do this breakfast thing. If ya'll only knew me, I am soooo not a morning person. I NEVER feel good when I wake up.
Okay, sorry about all the complaining. Here are a few pictures of Dominick playing with one of his birthday toys from his special Guatemalan buddy, Noah.



8 comments:

HollyGee said...

I bet seeing that cute little face every morning will a help a bit:)

Anonymous said...

Keep your chin up. You can do this.

Love,
Mom

JuJu - said...

I am thinking about you and praying for you ~ I know it will be hard - but that gorgeous baby boy will help you get through it. His smiles in the morning and his hugs in the afternoon will help a lot! You both will adjust and you both will be OK - it may take a few days though!
You are not alone - you have all of your "Blog Family" cheering you on and right here if you need us! We are all here for ya girly! Hang in there!

Julia:)

JuJu - said...

Hey Lynn - start checking your mail - you should be getting a package from the McKenzie Crew - I hope you don't mind that I sent the slightly used Levi overalls you liked of JB's they are too small - I also stuck in a few other items! Hope you like them:)

Julia:)

Andrea said...

Hang in there, Lynn! You can do this, and you'll be GREAT at it! I know it!

Jodi Crubaugh said...

LOL!!! I think we must have gone to the same toy store, because Ana and Dominick seem to have the same toys!

Jodi Crubaugh said...

I was a little worried about day care myself... you will see, everything will be fine. I also found that breakfast bars are great! ZONE mint chocolate chip is my favorite!

margmbras said...

I have enjoyed reading your blog for a while. I'm a teacher too and have recently started my adoption leave with my new daughter. I know what you mean about going back to work and adjusting to daycare and even the part about breakfast! I'm a few weeks behind you and have already started wondering about these things too, so I will be looking to you for tips. Good luck with this transition. Enjoy the last few days of your leave.
Margaret