Saturday, December 30, 2006

TRIP TO THE PARK

OK everyone I was tagged, by Holly, and I have to tag three more people. They will be Ana's Mama, Andrea, Faith's Journey, Ginger, and Stephanie.I know that is 5 people and not 3, just in case I picked someone that has already been tagged.

1. FIRST NAME? Lynn
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Nope
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? This morning, I was tired and my hubby decided to go get Dominick our of his bed before I normally get up and then brought him to me and left for work. I was mad.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Cajun turkey
6. KIDS? Dominick (1 yr. old boy) and Mickey & Gizmo (fur-babies)
7. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Probably not, our personalities would clash.
8. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? No, other than my blog
9. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Sometimes, not too often
10. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yep
11. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? No, I'd love to but I'm too chicken.
12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Don't eat it
13. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? No, I don't think I do
14. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Emotionally-yes, physically-NO
15. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Chocolate-Peanut Butter from Baskin Robins
16. SHOE SIZE? 6
17. RED OR PINK? RED, but I'm starting to like pink for some reason
18. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? Probably my hair, it is SUPER thick, frizzy, wiry, and curly. Hate it!
19. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? Probably my mom, we live 3 hours apart
20. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Yes
21. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Blue jeans and black Crocs
22. LAST THING YOU ATE? Meatball & cheese hot pocket
23. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? The T.V. in the other room
24. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Blue or Red
25. FAVORITE SMELL? lime light Tyler candles or Green Apple Lampe Berger Oil
26. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Jon
27. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? I'm really not sure, kinda notice the overall picture, not details
28. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? YES
29. FAVORITE DRINK? Diet coke, preferably fountain drink style in a Styrofoams cup
30. FAVORITE SPORT? I hate sports, other than shopping :)
31. EYE COLOR? Blue
32. HAT SIZE? I have no idea
33. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Yes, have been since the 7th grade
34. FAVORITE FOOD? Mexican chicken chimichangas
35. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy Endings
36. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED AT THE MOVIES? Can't remember, going to the movies is one of the things I miss the most since becoming a Mommy
37. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Yellowish-organish
38. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer, love to swim, wear sandals, etc. PLUS I don't work in the Summer!!!!
39. HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs
40. FAVORITE DESSERT? this banana split cake thingy I make & cheese cake
41. WHO IS LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Not sure
42. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Not sure
43. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? Separate Lives (don't remember author's name)
44. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Don't use one, I have the laser thing and don't' need a mouse pad
45. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? Dog the Bounty Hunter (nothing else was on)
46. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Complete quiet, which is treasured when you teach 1st grade
47. ROLLING STONES OR THE BEATLES? Neither
48. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? Either Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Guatemala, or Maine (don't know which one is furthest)
49. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? Not sure, maybe living with my hubby for almost 10 years (Just kidding)
50. WHEN AND WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Dec. 17, 1976 in Louisiana
51. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Some weirdo chick named Holly ;)




Today Dominick pointed at the door and said "Bye-Bye". I figured he wanted to go outside because I know he isn't especially fond of the car seat. Even though it was pretty cold, I decided to take him to the park to swing because he's starting daycare next week and this is my last full week at home with him before Easter break. So I took him to the park and he got to swing but wasn't too happy because he didn't fit in the swing too comfortably. I called Jon at work and told him about it. So when Jon got home from work, guess what he FINALLY decided to do??? He FINALLY put the hooks up so we could hang a swing for Dominick at home. I have been begging him to do that for at least 4 months now.


Here's Dominick swinging at the park in my friend's subdivision.

He's wearing his Guatemalan coat my parents gave him for Christmas.

As you can see he was not too comfortable in this swing. He couldn't move his arms.

This is the lake at the park.

This is Dominick's very own swing at home that Jon FINALLY installed.

Dominick loved this swing so much he did not want to get out, but it was cold so we couldn't let him stay in it very long. When I took him out he screamed as if he was in pain and continued to cry on and off for at least 30 minutes. We tried to distract him but he kept crawling back to the door, saying "Bye-Bye" and screaming. I guess this is just the beginning of a whole lot of temper tantrums.

This picture is for you Mrs. Betsy. Thanks so much for this warm, fuzzy outfit. I love it!

And here is my handsome little man in his new shirt from his one and only aunt from Arkansas (Jon's sister). By the way, Dominick is still trying to walk. He takes 2-5 steps here and there through out the day. Other than that, he is still his same speed crawler self. He is growing so much all of the sudden. Either my dryer is suddenly shrinking all of his clothes, or this little guy is having a growth spurt.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tag! I'll hope to get it posted tomorrow!
I linked your blog in mine. Is that OK?
stephanie

Dominick's Mommy said...

Stephanie,
Yeah, that's fine!
Lynn

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad the outfit fits him!

I can't believe he's starting to walk, Lynn. He is such a big boy! And so adorable, too. I swear, he should be a little baby model.

Love,
Betsy

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Thanks for the tag. It is all done. It is kind of fun to do these tags. That we can learn more about each other and it gets our minds off the WAIT for a bit.

HollyGee said...

The pictures in the swing are very funny:)

Also, I wish I knew that shopping was a sport because I would have listed that as mine.

Jodi Crubaugh said...

Dominick looks MUCH happier in his own swing! :)

Anonymous said...

Your Dad says that our dryer shrinks his clothes....ha, ha so I guess you dryer could be shrinking Dominick's clothes.... but I doubt it. You will be spending a lot of time outside!!!! He sure seems to love that swing.

Love,
Maw Maw Dee