Monday, November 13, 2006

I love being a Mommy!!!

I am LOVING being a Mommy. It is even better than I had imagined it would be. Dominick does something at least once a day that makes me laugh until my stomach muscles hurt. He is just so precious, I could eat him up. I signed him up to begin daycare in January when I must return to work and I am so dreading leaving him. It is going to be really, really hard on me. We left him in the nursery at church for 1.5 hours for the first time this weekend and I was itching to go see about him the whole time. I sooooo wish I didn't have to go back to work. But on the other hand, I feel very grateful and fortunate that I at least have these few months to be home with him and all the holidays and summers since I'm a school teacher.
Speaking of church, I can't describe the feelings I have in church to be able to praise God for bringing our baby home. I remember all those times I went to church and sang songs and begged God to bring our baby home, and it feels so awesome to sing those same songs but this time instead of asking God to bring Dominick home, I am thanking him for answering my prayers. It feels unreal but so good!!!
We took a day trip to visit Dominick's other grandparents, as well as Jon's cousin and aunt and uncle this weekend and had a really nice day.
Here is Dominick with his Pop.

Dominick with his Pop and Hunnie.

Handsome Man (who needs a haircut)!!!!

I'm the only picture-taker in this family so it is rare that I get any pictures of myself with Dominick.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,
I love the picture of you and Dominick!!!! You look great and just so happy. Oh, I can't be more happier for you, Lynn!
Love ya,
Nanette~

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

I love the pic of you and your baby boy. You look so very happy.

JuJu - said...

The picture of you holdING your baby boy needs to be an 8 by 10 and matTed and framed on your wall - GORGEOUS! The look on your face repeats everything you said in your blog! He is such WONDERFULLY ADORABLE BABY BOY - -ALL FO US gUATEMAMMAS ARE sooo BLESSED!!!!


juLIA

Anonymous said...

No WAY does he need a haircut! It's too cute all shaggy-like. I say you grow it.

Dominick really is such a blessing, Lynn. He is the answer to so many prayers. I love the picture of the two of you together.

Love,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

I agree with all of the other blog posters, YOU LOOK GREAT AND YOU LOOK SO HAPPY holding YOUR baby boy. What cuties you two are.....

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

You do look really happy and Dominick just looks so thrilled as well. Enjoy this special time together.

Laura from CWA board

Andrea said...

He is getting more and more adorable EVERY day! Yea!

And you- wow, do you look happy. Being a mommy suits you to a tee!

Anonymous said...

You've been tagged...go visit my blog and see why!!!