Thursday, November 16, 2006

He' s Sleeping So Well!!!!!

Dominick has been sleeping through the night for several weeks now, which is so awesome. I put him in his bed awake at 8:00 PM and he wakes up between 6:30-7:30 AM. It is so awesome, he doesn't even cry when I put him to bed at night. He has this Fluttter-Bye thing on his crib that projects a light show on the ceiling and he LOVES it. I put him to bed with a bottle and in 10 minutes his bottle is finished and he's asleep. I then take the bottle out after he falls asleep. The other thing that is so adorable is that he has this big, soft Winnie-the-Pooh bear in his crib and he wraps his arms around it and lays his head on it like a pillow. It is the cutest, sweetest thing!!! He sleeps like that ALL throughout the night and wakes up like that in the morning. He also sleeps like that for his naps. He has been taking 2 naps a day. I do the same thing, put him to bed awake with a bottle and he watches his Flutter-Bye thingy. He usually plays for 30 minutes and then sleeps for 30 minutes, so I get 2 one hour breaks a day and Dominick is much, much more rested. It is amazing how well the advice from those sleep books work. I never thought Dominick would be a good sleeper.

One of my students bought this bear for Dominick and he loves it! This is how I find him sleeping every morning.
My little man needs a hair cut really bad but Mommy isn't ready to cut it yet so I found a solution. I wet his hair in the morning and put gel in it to keep it out of his eyes and over his ears. What a cutie-pie!!! Those eyes melt my heart.
You can see how long his bangs are here. And his hair goes over his ears.
Here's Dominick trying to bond with his sippy cup. He doesn't like drinking out of it too much so we are working on that.


Here's my handsome man with his hair all gelled wearing his new coat that his Granny bought for him.

Oh how precious, I will never stop thanking Jesus for this awesome gift he has given us.

Uummm, my black Puma shoes do not match this coat Momma. Do you think my Dada can take me to the mall and buy me those brown Puma shoes??? That would match perfect! Maybe I'll let him hold me tonight without fussing and then we can ask him for the brown puma's. Yeah, that sounds like a good plan.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only 5 more sleeps until I kiss those sweet cheeks and hug that precious Chunky Monkey. And tell that little man that Maw Maw went garage saling and bought him lots of new toys.

Love,
Maw Maw Dee

JuJu - said...

Gorgeous Baby Boy! He is the cutest thing! I know you could eat those cheeks up!

Dominick's Mommy said...

Judy,

I've been meaning to respond to your comment. Didn't mean to ignore you. We live in Lafayette and my parents live in Slidell (close to Hammond). Thanks for reading my blog and good luck to your sister. I can't wait to start our next adoption, I'd start the paper work tomorrow if my husband gave me the OK.
Lynn

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Beautiful baby boy. Sleep is a great thing.

Anonymous said...

What a little man you have there, with his hair all slicked back...I love it.

Andrea said...

So cute! I love the picture with the bear. He's just adorable. He is quite the gift!

Anonymous said...

Lynn,
Thank you for sharing your precious Dominick. I can't tell you how much I enjoy keeping up with him. Please let us know next time you are in town. I would love to meet him in person. He is so adorable.

Amy V.

Anonymous said...

Dominick is such a doll! Thanks for your advice on getting Ana to sleep through the night. I am going to try to start tonight! Wish me luck!

Dominick's Mommy said...

Mrs. Amy,
Thanks for reading our blog. I will definitely let Betsy know next time we are in town. Hopefully 1-2 weeks after Thanksgiving.

Lynn

Anonymous said...

Lynn, that's wonderful! I'm so glad he's sleeping better. Having a well-rested baby makes life so much more pleasant, doesn't it? ;)

I've been meaning to email you back and let you know how great it was to catch up with you last week.

Dominick is ridiculously adorable, as usual. I can't wait to meet him and squoosh those cheeks.

Love,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

Hi! Sleeping has been awsone! Thanks for asking. I did not even hear her cry at all last night. It may be because I took Tylenol Cold PM to kick a nasty cold, but I think it is also because she is getting better at sleeping alone.