Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Bad News- We've been kicked out AGAIN, #3!!!!

I just got news from my agency that our case has been kicked out of PGN for the 3rd time. If you are not familiar with the terminology, when a case gets "kicked out" it means that there is a mistake that my attorney in Guatemala has to correct. It could be something as simple as a misspelled word. Then my attorney corrects it, resubmits it, and we wait AGAIN and hope that it is approved soon. From what I have heard, my attorney is one of the best there is in Guatemala. It really has nothing to do with him or my case, it is just a matter of how tough the reviewer is that is reviewing my documents. I now God has a reason for all of this, but it's really hard to trust Him in times like this. There are so many why's I want to ask him...like why didn't you let my baby come home at the beginning of the summer when I had the WHOLE summer off and he could have been bonding with me instead of the foster mother. But as hard as it is, I do believe that God knows what He is doing, and I know he has a reason for everything. And as long as he brings that precious baby home to me one day, I will be forever grateful to Him and give Him all the glory, honor and praise.

Here's a poem a friend had framed for me and hangs in Dominick's room:

A HALF A WORLD AWAY
A half a world away
Sometimes it seems we're so far apart
But a half a world away
Is not too far a journey of the heart
My little one, my bundle of joy
I'm waiting for you
My precious son, my baby boy
I know you're waiting too
A half a world away
A child waits for a family of his own
While a half a world away
A family waits to come bring him home
My little one, my bundle of joy
I'm whispering a prayer
My precious son, my baby boy
I hope to soon be there
I hope that we
will no longer be
a half a world away
Author: unknown

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Lynn. I'm so sorry. This is so frustrating - I don't even know what to say. I'm just so sorry it's taking so long.

-Betsy

Dominick's Mommy said...

Betsy,
Thanks for posting Girl, I love when people post comments and you are my best commenter. I'll have to buy you a comment queen crown for next time I see you.
Love,
Lynn

Anonymous said...

Lynn,
This is Mrs. Rhonda. I work with your Mom. I am so sorry....I can not believe this is happening. I am praying for you every night that you will get Dominick very very soon. This has gone on long enough.
Mrs. Rhonda

Dominick's Mommy said...

Mrs. Rhonda,
Thanks so much for your prayers and encouragement. I really appreciate it. And congratulations on your new granddaughter. I am praying for your sister's adoption as well. I'm so excited for her. Let us know when you hear any news.
Lynn

Anonymous said...

Lynn,
I know this is so hard, but just remember that God is doing a special work in you. All things come in His time. "To everything there is a season. A time for every purpose under Heaven". (Ecclesiastes 3:1).
Hang in there!!
Missy

Dominick's Mommy said...

Thanks Missy! I know that so many people are praying for us...God has given me such a peace about this lately and I know it is because of all the prayers. I appreciate it.
love,
lynn

Anonymous said...

I know how frustrating the delays can be. Chin up--you have to belive it WILL happen. I've been through this twice. With China, the time frame kept slowing down as we waited for our daughter, and with Vietnam, we were told there was a paperwork problem and we might never be able to bring our son home. Our daughter has now been home 8.5 years, and our son 7.

I have a request--could you please correct and properly credit my poem on your site? Thank you.

A HALF A WORLD AWAY

Half a world away
Sometimes it seems we're so far apart
But half a world away
Is not too far a journey of the heart
My little one, my precious joy
I'm waiting for you
My precious son, my baby boy
I know you're waiting too

Half a world away
A child waits for a family of his own
While a half a world away
A family waits to come bring him home
My little one, my precious joy
I'm whispering a prayer
My precious son, my baby boy
I hope to soon be there

©1999 words and music Jill Marshall-Work

(The final verse is for when he's home:
Half a world away...
so many miles to bring you home at last.
Just half a world away...
so many months of waiting are past.
Our little one, our precious pearl,
you're finally home to stay.
Our precious child, our little girl,
we celebrate this day...

Knowing we will no longer be half a world away.