Monday, January 7, 2008

Behavior is MUCH, MUCH better!

A few days after my last post I went to the book store and bought several books on toddlers and discipline. I love reading, especially anything that has to do with children and the way their little minds operate. I loved all the child psychology type classes I had to take in college. Anyway, after reading a lot of the info from the books, I've made a few changes in the way I approach discipline and they way I speak to Dominick and it has truly made a world of difference in his behavior. I think I was being way to hard on him before and I have a whole new attitude about his little personality now. I'm sure he will test my patience and things will not always go smoothly with discipline, but for now it is SO MUCH BETTER and that makes us both so much happier!!! He is such a sweet, perfect child...in my eyes at least.



Dominick loves playing with Play-Dough (sp?). His favorite thing to do is cut it with scissors.


It was nice and warm this past weekend so we spent a lot of time playing outside; writing with chalk, playing soccer, running up and down the street, blowing bubbles, swinging, etc. By the way, Dominick can draw a straight line or circle if you ask him to.



This is one of Dominick's favorite things to do...play with his Geo Track train set. He absolutely loves this thing!


These are pictures of my precious Little Man on his actual 2nd b-day (even though we celebrated it twice on days before his b-day). We went to a party and popped fireworks on his actual b-day and he loved it.
These are his new Blow Fish shoes. They're much cuter in person. They are raggedy looking with strings hanging off all the seems.
And these are his new Converse shoes. I love buying him shoes...I try to make sure they are comfortable but I won't let him wear the thick-soled running type shoes. He just doesn't look good in those for some reason.
Hope you all have a good week and a wonderful New Year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's beginning to look grown up. Still as handsome as ever and getting smarter every day. You and Jon are doing a GREAT job of parenting.

Love,
Mom

Rhonda said...

I agree, Dominick is a sweet, perfect child. And I'm not even related, so you know it has to be true. I love his new shoes. And is it me, or does Dominick look like a little man now that he is two? Hey and remember the name of the books, I might needs some pointers with Amelia oneday.

Anonymous said...

I agree too! As soon as I saw the pictures, I thought he looks a lot more grown up than the last time I saw him. And that wasn't THAT long ago! He looks taller or thinner. Still cute as ever, maybe even cuter!!

Love y'all,
Kate