Wednesday, October 3, 2007

New Shoes, New Clothes & New Haircut

We got Little Man's haircut this weekend. The stylist asked if this was his 1st haircut and I had to laugh. His hair grows so fast, this is at least his 10th cut.
Isn't this the cutes little coat and hat? Yes I know, it would look a lot better with pants and matching shoes. I was just letting him try it on and then he didn't want to take it off.Mom, I don't care that it is 99 degrees outside and that my shoes and shorts don't match my new coat and hat. I still want to wear them all because I'm the boss and I said so. Look Mom, Mi Mi is sitting my the door. That means he wants to go for a walk. Let's go walk him so I can do a little sweating and show all the neighbors how cool I dress.

Come on Mi Mi, I'm putting my toys away so I can take you for a walk.






Here are Little Man's $55 shoes ($60 with tax). Is that ridiculous or what? We were a tiny bit concerned because Dominick's feet turn inward slightly and the doctor has been telling us that it is completely normal and there is a 100% chance that it will correct itself on its own. But I mentioned it to him again last week and I asked if a good high top shoe such as Stride Rite would help and he said yes, it couldn't hurt. Well, they didn't have his size in the Stride Rite shoes that I liked and of course the sales clerk said that Ecco shoes are even better, so that is what I bought. I felt guilty paying that much for toddler shoes but then I reminded myself that Jon has paid close to that much for some of Little Man's shirts that only get worn once every 2 weeks or so. At least he will be wearing the shoes several times a week.


Tomorrow is our Gotcha Day...the day Dominick was placed in our arms FOREVER!!! I can't believe it has been a year already. Dominick has brought so much joy into our lives, I can't even begin to describe it. Day and night for over 5 years, I had yearned and longed to be a mother and I had a huge, never-ending void in my life and that void is now filled and overflowing because of this precious child God has so graciously placed into our lives. My mom was just saying last week that she has never seen Jon or me happier. Life will always have its ups and downs, but my life truly feels complete now and I am forever grateful to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ for this most amazing gift.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not only is Dominick a blessing to you and Jon but also to Paw Paw & Maw Maw. Paw Paw had wanted to be a grandpa for a long time and Dominick has exceeded all of our prayers and wishes. Dominick is my heart. What a blessing he is. It's also a blessing to watch you & Jon. You two are just the best parents...and it has truly brought out the best in you & Jon and ya'lls relationship. God is good!!!!!!! Thank you Jesus!!!!!
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I can't believe it has been a year already. Dominick is a wonderful little BOY! And he'll be two soon, WOW! I love his haircut. He's so precious!

Love,
Kate

Rhonda said...

Lynn,
Dominick looks so grown up with his hair cut and his new coat and hat on. He gets cuter and cuter everyday.
Sorry about the lack of posting. We have tons of things going on and I just haven't had any time. I will try to get a new post up soon.
Mrs. Rhonda

Unknown said...

Lynn,
I hope you had a wonderful Gotcha day! It is so amazing how much impact one little one can have on everyone in the family. I can't even remember what my life was like before Chase came home, and don't want to either.
Dominick is getting so big, Chase gets a haircut every 4-6 weeks tops...

Lisa