Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Finanlly a Flower Bed

We finally got our gutters installed, therefore I FINALLY was able to begin work on my flower bed this past weekend. After 8 yards of planting mix, 27 bags of mulch, 1.5 yards of drainage rock, and a bunch of random plants, my flower bed is looking pretty cool. Luckily my awesome mom came into town to watch Little Man while I worked in the yard. She cooked for us, cleaned my house, washed all our clothes, folded all our clothes, and cleaned all the dishes. There was no evidence that she had even cooked by the end of the weekend. Am I lucky or what??? Most people I personally know have their families living within minutes from them and they completely take it for granted. I am not so lucky so Jon and I both thought we were in heaven with all the much needed help this weekend.These are pictures from before the flower bed and of Little Man "helping" to shovel dirt. Unfortunately it is too dark outside at this moment, so I do not have pictures of the finished product yet. I'll take some ASAP and post them. Just wanted you to see some before and after pictures, and I will try to post them soon.







I will pose for you Maw Maw because I love you so much, plus you brought me some cool toys and actually cooked a real meal for me. You're the best!


Dominick washing his hands after playing in the dirt and before eating some of Maw Maw's roast and rice n' gravy.

5 comments:

Dominick's Mommy said...

Just wanted to mention, Dominick does not normally eat on our furniture. I was exagerating a bit with that, but he DOES insist on feeding himself which I know is completely normal at his age. He's on a pretty tight schedule so he has to eat by a certain time every night or his schedule is messed up and he would have a melt down from lack of food, he's a huge eater!

Anonymous said...

It is a pleasure helping all of you and especially taking care of Little Man. I love all of you so much. Dominick is a DELIGHT !!!!!!
I had the most awesome weekend with all of you.

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Gosh, Lynn, your house is so adorable. I would love to be able to visit soon. It seems almost impossible right now. SOON though, I hope! Dominick is getting bigger eveytime you post! I LOVE his hair! Can't wait to see you again!

Kate

Katie said...

Dominick is the cutest helper !!!

Dominick's Mommy said...

Kate,

Aawww, thanks for the comments on the house. I am enjoying it a bit more now that it is feeling more like home. Hope to see you soon.