Sunday, May 27, 2007

Happy Memorial Day!

Happy Memorial Day and THANK YOU to all you men and women in The Armed Forces. I appreciate all you do and pray for you all everyday.
My parents are so awesome, the daycare is closed tomorrow for Memorial Day but Jon and I both have to work so my parents drove 3 hours to spend the weekend with us and babysit Little Man tomorrow.
Momma, I know Daddy put you on a new budget an told you to stop spending so much money, but do you think you could maybe get my bangs cut?
This is Jon's b-day present from
Dominick. He really liked it!

I only have 4 days left of this school year, only 3 days left with my class. I hate to admit it but this year was the worse class I've ever had. But as I was typing this poem I write to each student every year, I got teary eyed and really sad. You can't help but grow attached to these students every year after spending 9 months with them and investing your heart and soul into them. This is the letter I write on cute paper with a class picture attached and then laminate it.
Dear Amy,
You're a very special person
And Amy you should know,
How I loved to be your teacher
And how fast the year did go!
We did a lot of special things-
We learned, we laughed, we cared,
I always will remember you
And all the fun we shared.
Please come back to visit me
As through the grades you grow,
Try hard to learn all that you can
There is so much to know!
The one thing I tried to teach you,
To last your whole life through
Is to know that you are special
Just because, Amy, you are you!
Love,
Mrs. Duhon
This was our "Beach Day". The first graders got to wear sunglasses and hats, have a picnic with hot dogs, and bring beach balls and sign each other's ball. We did some art activities and read books that were beach related. It was so much fun!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet poem. Can't wait to see yall this summer, I am sure you are excited to be home with Little Man!

Love,
Kate

Anonymous said...

I wish that I had remembered to bring the camera to your class on Monday. I enjoyed watching Dominick entertain the kids in your class with his high fives and his sign language skills. What a pleasure it is to babysit Little Man!!!!!! He is such a delight.
Love,
Mom