Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Another Ear Infection and a Video

We went to the doctor Monday and Dominick has his 4th ear infection. Poor thing! His new measurements are:
Height 30 1/4 (50%)
Weight 24 lbs. 10 oz. (70 %)
Head Circumference 18 3/4 inches (75%)

I thought he would have weighed more, his belly is looking BIG these days! The doctor fussed at me (not really) and told me to get him off the bottle NOW. He's been off the "bottle" since about 11 months, but he's on a sippy cup that has a bottle-type nipple and he refused to take anything else. I told the doctor I'd get him off that "bottle" over the Easter Holidays since I'll be home. He said NO, that is too long. He said the longer I wait, the harder it will be on me and Dominick. He said at this age they are getting more strong-willed by the week and super attached to objects such as a bottle. Sooo, we ditched the bottle-type nipple last night and only offered him a regular sippy cup with a hard spout. He didn't take it this morning at home or daycare and just had to be thirsty, but he finally started taking it after lunch. Yipppeee! I'm not giving in, so he will just have to deal with it... "Tough Love".

He is getting so big and does so much. He loves to push buttons and recently discovered the button to turn on and off the computer. So you CANNOT use the computer if he is in the same room as you. He crawls under the desk and repeatedly pushes the power button turning the computer off and on and off and on. He used to say "Bo Bo" for bottle. We, of course always pronounced it correctly. And now he calls it "Bo Doo". It sounds a lot like bottle. Then today, I turned my head for a few seconds to answer the phone and I heard him hollering 5 feet behind me. I turned around and he had the T.V. remote in hand and had crawled onto his little rocker and was standing up (squatting) on the chair holding on the the back of it and didn't know how to turn around and sit down. I didn't know he could climb up like that, Yikes!

Okay, I deleted the video because his pee-pee showed a little and edited it and tried to republish it but I'm having trouble so I'll just have to do a video later...Sorry.


9 comments:

Mindy said...

Oh my goodness he is SUCH a doll baby! What a complete cutie he is!
Hugs

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day Prince Charming.You are so adorable. Can't wait to see you this weekend.

Love,
Maw Maw Dee

Anonymous said...

I could just eat him up!! I love those little chunky cheeks :) I do love the videos you have been sending.

Love yall
Nanny Kate :)

p.s. Geoffrey loved his Valentine card... thank you... he tried to eat it!

HollyGee said...

I've deleted videos for the same reason, except that Gia doesn't have a pee-pee:)

I hope he can finally get rid of his ear infections, they are NO FUN!!!

Kim said...

What is it with kids and buttons? They are obsessed. :) I also hope he gets over his ear infection - no fun!!

Kim said...

What is it with kids and buttons? They are obsessed. :) I also hope he gets over his ear infection - no fun!!

JuJu - said...

OK - I do not like your DR and I think he must know mine!!!!!!

We are doing the no bottle thing slowly - very slowly - it is so hard to be a Mom on days like that!!!!!!!

Hope his ears get better!! Curt and Mac both had to get tubes in both ears before we could say bye bye to ear infections - they were both 18 months old when they were put in:(

Thinkin bout ya and missin hearing from you too:):)

Julia

Anonymous said...

A little man...in his chair...with his remote....typical guy!!! Learning how to do it so young!!
I love those cheeks!! One cute precious boy!!
stephanie

Angel said...

I have to say I LOVE the build a bear underwear. That is funny stuff. I remember the getting rid of the bottle stuff and pacifier. No fun for about 3 days then you're gold! :0) Angel