Wednesday, January 17, 2007

YIPPEEEEE!!!

I got a super exciting call yesterday from the school board informing me that the schools in my parish (county) would be closed today because of bad weather conditions and hazerdous driving conditions. Woo-Hoooo! Needless to say, I am very happy to stay home with my little man today. It is super cold here, but the streets ended up being fine and we could have gone to school today. My first official day back to work was yesterday and it went great!!! Dominick screamed his head off when I left him which broke my heart but they said he stopped as soon as I walked out the door and never cried again.
Dominick came home from daycare last Thur. with a cold. It has gotten a little worse each day but he never ran a fever. Well, yesterday I noticed him swatting at his ear a few times and decided I'd better take him to the doctor since I have the day off today. Well, sure enough, he has a double ear infection. Both ear canals are filled with puss, poor baby. I'm so glad I took him to the Dr. because last time he had a cold, he got an ear infection that took 2-3 weeks and 2 rounds of antibiotics to get over. He now weighs 24.6 pounds!

5 comments:

Jodi Crubaugh said...

Lucky you! I wish we would have a blizzard! Ana had an ear infection too! On top of a really bad respitory virus!! I love the picture of Dominick giving your dog a kiss! Your dogs are precious too!!! We should just start calling you Lucky Lynn! :)

Anonymous said...

And I was so concerned that the dogs would not adapt to Dominick. Sure am glad that I was wrong. Love the picture of Dominick kissing Mickey. You need to buy Dominick a SAINTS shirt for Sunday's game!!!!!

Love,
Maw Maw Dee

JuJu - said...

cuuutie patootie!!!!!!!!

Angel said...

Awwww... yucky ear infections. I hate those! :0( YAY! for snow days though. Angel

Candy said...

he is getting so big...so gald you got to stay home with him. We have ben Iced in in OK for over a week now...ITS NUTS...its like we stinkin live in alaska...Hugs Candy and Kya blu