Sunday, January 7, 2007

Day 2 & 3 of Daycare

Yesterday (Tues.) was Dominick's second day of daycare. I was a little disappointed because his teacher told me he pretty much cried the whole time and kept pointing at the door saying "Bye-Bye". The only cool thing about it was that he did take a nap which surprised me. Today (Wed.) was awesome. He didn't cry at all and really enjoyed himself. When I got there his teacher was sitting on the floor and all the babies were happily playing. There are only 4 babies in his class. He didn't take a nap today but all of that will work out as he adjusts. It made me feel so good that his day went so well today.

No new pictures, just wanted to give ya'll an update. Thanks to everyone for all the nice comments and encouragement. I am so glad I decided to work in my class 4 hours a day and send him to daycare this week. It has really helped me slowly get back into the groove of everything and I really do enjoy being back at work. If only I could go in at 9:00 everyday instead of 7:00, it would be perfect!!! Getting up so early and rushing out the door just ruins my day.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What NO PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are an awesome teacher (I know because I have sat in on your classes several times), a very special daughter and friend and a FANTASTIC Mom. You are a blessing to others. You are blessed and will continue to receive blessings because of the special person that you are.

Love,
Mom

JuJu - said...

I am with Maw-Maw -

we need to see our cute little fella!

Julia:):)

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear all is going well with daycare. I can't wait to see some new pictures of Dominick!!! Take care....

Christine

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Where is the pictures? Glad to hear that he is doing well.

Andrea said...

I think day care or school is harder on the mommy's and daddy's. I think my mom thought I'd be WRECKED at school, and I was fine. It's good to see he's doing well.

And yea, I want pictures, too!!

Jodi Crubaugh said...

I agree with you on the rushing out the door! I feel like all I do is rush to daycare, rush to work, rush to meetings, and then rush home! I just LOVE the weekend! More HOME time!!!

Anonymous said...

Lynn--hang in there--I used to freak out when I left Emily--but 2 minutes out the door she was quiet!!It will get easier on both of you!!!! Mary (used to work with your mom)
P.S. Keep the pictures coming sister!!!

Angel said...

Just wanted to say how much I love those swim trunks! They are awesome. He looks so precious.

I am so sorry he was sad that day. It must have been hard for you. I'm glad he is better now.

:0) Angel