Wednesday, December 20, 2006

My birthday weekend turned out great, one of the best ever. Now that we are all grown up, birthdays aren't a big deal in my family. I never get a cake because: 1) Jon never buys me one
2) I'd have to eat the whole thing b/c Jon doesn't eat cake at all.
So I'm lucky if I even get a card from him. My parents always send me a card and gifts. But this year was different. Jon got me a card from Dominick and planned our little outing. My parents got me a cake, card, presents and dinner. My borthers both called and sent gifts. So it turned out to be a special b-day. My parents are so awesome. Not only did they both drive 3 hours to my house, take off a day of work, and babysit Dominick for 2 days, my mom also cleaned 2 of my bathrooms, swept, mopped, and did the dishes. I'm so very grateful for my family. They are truly awesome and I don't know what I'd do without them.
By the way, Dominick now knows how to say Paw Paw after spending the weekend with my dad and hearing my dad say it 50 billion times. Too funny!

My yummy cake

Dominick took it upon himself to help me open my presents.

My "big brother" Steve got me this cool clock with pictures of me and Dominick on it.

My favorite gift was being a Mommy to my precious Dominick. I didn't even have to make a birthday wish this year because it already came true. Maybe next year I'll wish for a baby sister for Dominick.We ate dinner at a Japanese restaurant where they cook in front of you. Dominick started crying every time he looked at our cook. I think he might have thought the cook was Santa.

He got so upset I had to take him out of his chair and hold him.

These are my best friend's triplets, Geoffrey, Elise and Adam. Aren't they the cutest things ever!?!!


They have gotten so big. They were soooo teeny tiny when they were born but they have already caught up in weight and height.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea! I am glad you had a great birthday. I kept checking back to see how it was.

And HOLY COW when did the triplets get SO big! They are cute cute cute!

Not as cute as the Chunky Monkey, though. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a great birthday and I could only wish for #2 to happen to me. I would love to eat my whole cake by myself.

I'm sorry but I had to laugh when I saw the picture of Dominick crying. It is just so cute.

Anonymous said...

So happy you had a good time - Good parents are a GREAT thing!! Dominick is the cutest!The triplets are adorable -
JUlia;)

Anonymous said...

Hope your Christmas was as good as your birthdya!!! Tell Maw-Maw I said HI!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynn,

I tagged you! See my blog for more.