Saturday, December 30, 2006

HE'S WALKING!!!

No new pictures but I just had to let you guys know that my little man IS WALKING!!!!!!! Oh my gosh, I'm so excited. I was just telling Jon tonight that I'm probably gonna miss Dominick's first steps because I'm going back to work in a few weeks. Isn't God good...He made sure that I didn't miss my little man's first steps!!!

So this is what happened, Jon's cousin came over tonight with her baby who is 13 months and has been walking since she was 10 months. I'm not sure if Dominick seeing her walk had anything to do with him walking. So they left and a few minutes later Jon and I were sitting on the couch, I was blabbing away as usual, and watching Dominick in the corner by Gizmo's dog bed. He took a toy out of Gizmo's bed and stood up. Then I saw he walking towards the dog bed but for I split second I didn't realize he wasn't holding on to anything. He took about 4 steps and then I GASPED loudly and Dominick turned around to look at me and stopped walking. I couldn't believe my eyes and asked Jon "Did you see that" and he said "yeah" and was smiling ear to ear. Then we started cheering for our little man. I took him in the middle of the living room and Jon held him and we said "walk" and he took 4 more steps before falling. Wow, I can't believe it. It was the cutest thing and I thank God for letting me be there for those first steps. After missing the first 9 months of his life, that was really important to me.

Dominick's birthday is tomorrow so I'll try to post pictures of it on Monday.

6 comments:

JuJu - said...

You Go Big Boy!!
Happy early brithday sweet little guy! You are one good lookin kiddo!!
I am so glad you got to be there for that big milestone!He wont remember it - and You will NEVER forget it!!:)I am so thrilled for you guys:):)

Julia:)

Lori and Robby said...

I have been following your blog since my husband and I are in the process of adopting a baby boy from Guatemala. Dominick is such a cutie! How exciting that you were right there for his first steps!!! Hope he has a great birthday! You can see our little cutie at: http://journey-to-guatemala.blogspot.com ~Lori

HollyGee said...

WooHoo Dominick. You weren't going to let some little girl show you up were you???? You showed them...HUH???

Andrea said...

Yea! That's awesome. Go Dominick, go! Happy Birthday, little man! What a GREAT day for a birthday!! WOO HOO!

Jodi Crubaugh said...

WOW!!! Dominick is the MAN! I hope he has a happy Birthday! Ana's Birthday is not far behind his! :) She is not walking yet, but she is crawling like crazy!

Candy said...

Happy Birthday..Chunky Monkey...Well I am so glad you shared your family issues...because I have been wanting to share mine...my Dear SIL...was born ridding a broom and has caused all kind of drama over this Christmas holiday...I have always just dealt with her before but now having a baby...I have had enough!!! Ok now on th brighter things...love the DUCKY PARTY...makes me sing Quack Quack Quack Quack Cock a doodle do...from the wiggles which is the only program I get to watch now...Hugs Candy and Kya Blu