Tuesday, October 24, 2006

THE SMARTEST BABY IN THE WORLD!!!

Dominick learned to drink out of a sippy cup yesterday. I've been giving him sips of juice out of a straw but he still doesn't like juice and he still hadn't figured out how to suck on the straw. He didn't understand to suck on the sippy cup and had no clue that liquid would come out. So I took off the little part that stops the liquid from spilling out when you turn the cup upside down. I poured a little water in his mouth out of the cup and he thought that was so funny. I did it a few more time and he would gurgle the water and let it run out of his mouth, but he was sucking on the cup. Then I put the little part that prevents the liquid from spilling out back on and I gave it to him and he sucked the water right out. I was so excited! He doesn't really like drinking the water but he'll take a sip when I give it to him because he thinks it's funny that water comes out of it. I cannot get over how smart this little guy is. My mom taught him h ow to make sweet eyes in about 10 minutes while I was taking a shower on our 2nd day in Guatemala. Now he does it all day long. He can even do sweet eyes while jumping in his Jumperoo. He says Woof, Woof when he sees the dogs. He learned to say ball. If you ask him where is the light, he points to all lights. If you say Hi, Hola, Bye-Bye, or Go, he waves. When Jon was blowing his nose, Dominick started making the sound that Jon's nose was making. He imitates everything. He knows how to give a kiss and he makes fish lips. I am just amazed how quickly he learns things because all he heard was Spanish for the first 9 months of his life.

Anyway, I finally put Dominick's Halloween costume on. It barely fits him, kinda too small.


10 comments:

JuJu - said...

TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTEEEEEE
Oh my goodness - he is adorable! And a genius! Boy do we have smart boys!! Enjoy every moment!

Julia

Tricia said...

I just found your blog from Holly & Gia & I love it! HE IS ADORABLE! Those are the sweetest pictures!!

I am on the other end of the spectrum. I've been waiting 6 weeks for a referral for a baby from Guatemala and I am hoping to get the news any day now!

Feel free to check out my blog!

-Tricia
http://ourguatemalanbaby.blogspot.com/

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

He is too cute!!!

Ginger
waiting on Maya

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you decided on the monkey costume. He looks too cute in it. HE IS A GENIUS....He is picking up everything so fast. You are doing a great job. Enjoy...Enjoy....Enjoy This time goes by too fast.
Mrs. Rhonda

Anonymous said...

Chunky Monkey is too cute!!!! Love the full picture with the tail. Looks like the outfit fits real good....hope he can still wear it by Oct. 31. What a sweetie!!!!!

Love,
Maw Maw Dee

Anonymous said...

I cannot stand how cute your son is! It is so encouraging that he is learning so quickly! (My Spanish is not very good anymore and I haven't had time to brush up!) Thank you for inviting us into your blog - I love checking in on your little man.

Praying for no more itches! What a nightmare - so glad you had help.
Marie (cwa webboard)

Anonymous said...

Hey Lynn,
He is just so adorable and cute. I love the costume...he's even more precious in it. And I just love the way he does sweet eyes. Too cute!!!!

Nanette~

Anonymous said...

What a perfect costume for your perfect and extremely handsome boy.

:)Holly

Anonymous said...

I'M LAUGHING AND CRYING AT THE SAME TIME AS I LOOK AT CHUNKY MONKEY'S PICTURES....AND I LOOK AT THEM OFTEN. THAT PRECIOUS FACE, THAT PRECIOUS BABY.

LOVE,
MOM

Jodi Crubaugh said...

Awh!!!! I LOVE the chunky Monkey Costume!! I JUST now noticed it! :) How is Dominick Settling in?