Thursday, October 26, 2006

Night #2-CRY IT OUT

Okay, last night was AWESOME at the Duhon house. Dominick woke up around 1:00 AM and cried for about 10 minutes and went back to sleep on his own. I peeked around the corner of his room to make sure he was OK and let him cry it out. It wasn't nearly as bad as the night before, but it was kinda hard to hear him crying "Mamaaa, Mamaaaa, Mamaaaa!" Then he woke up around 3:00 AM and cried for 1 minute and fell back to sleep ON HIS OWN!!! I woke up about 7:45 AM, went in his room and found him playing with the bottom on his monitor in his bed just as happy as could be. I guess I need to move that out of the bed because of the loose wire.
Anyway, the rest of the day wasn't too great. He did not take a nap all day...the Jumperoo didn't even work. But he's asleep for the night now and tonight will be night #3 of Cry It Out. So far it is working awesome! He's getting more sleep and so is Momma... and Momma feels sooo much better and more rested!

Here is Dominick pulling the drawers out of my jewelry box while I try to brush my teeth and put my contacts in this morning. He is so close to figuring out how to open the cabinet doors...any day now. He already tries to stick his finger in the electrical outlets and pull the night-lights out of the wall.

Here's Gizmo coming to see what kind of trouble Dominick is into now. I can't believe how much this little guy has already learned since being home. It seems like he's already matured since coming home 2 weeks ago, SERIOUSLY! He knows sooo much...too much!

4 comments:

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

He is so adorable. I am glad you guys are getting some sleep now.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!!!! I have so many things in my house that Chunky Monkey can get into. I better start now baby proofing for when you guys come to visit next week. Your Dad regrets that he didn't get to see Dominick in his jumperoo. I told him that's what he gets for riding his motorcycle so much!!
Love,
Mom

JuJu - said...

It is incredible how the just blossom once they are in a real home with their real family! They just seem to be so filled with curiosity and their little brains just start taking it all in and you just see this amazing growth in them! I love it - John-Bryan fascinates all of us - we are so blessed to have these incredible baby boys!!!!

Julia

Anonymous said...

Hi, Lynn:
Thanks so much for bringing Dominick by your mom's office the other day. It was great to see him; he's grown just since the last time... You should truly be proud of that beautiful baby boy!! Laurie D.