Friday, September 29, 2006

LAST DAY AT WORK

Today was my last day of work before I go on MATERNITY LEAVE. Surprisingly I was a little emotional about leaving my first graders for the next 12+ weeks. But of course, my fellow first grade teachers had to throw one last surprise celebration before me leaving. They all wore PINK shirts to school all day and I had so much on my mind I didn't figure out the significance of the PINK shirts until our little celebration at the end of the day. They surprised me with a PINK bouquet of balloons, a cake, and some non-alcoholic PINK champagne. They are so awesome! There are a total of 7 of us first grade teachers at my school and we are all such good friends. I'm truly blessed to work with them. As much as I'd like to quit my job to stay at home with my precious Dominick, deep down inside I really feel that teaching is what God wants me to do at this time. It's going to be horrible to leave Dominick and go back to work, but I feel it is what is best for our family at this time.

They wrote a little poem attached to the balloons and that's when I realized why they were all wearing PINK shirts. Here's the poem.

Celebrate
Lynn received the call,
She'll look forward to a joyful Fall.
Her time of waiting is done,
She's off to get her son!
With pink slip in hand,
She'll travel to another land,
Where she'll start her family of three,
A mommy, a daddy, and one sweet pea!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip. Take care and let me know when I can meet that little guy. I am soooo excited for you. I know God will bless you and your new family. Alida

Andrea said...

That's SO sweet!! It's great to see that your coworkers are so excited and supportive! It's going to be an amazing time!!

Anonymous said...

Lynn, I have to say that you look so unbelievable happy! You have the biggest smile in all of the pics. It is so good to see you finally have the happiness you have been praying for after all these years! Call me before you leave!
Kate

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

What a great last day of work. You look soooooo happy. I am praying for you and Dominick.

Ginger

Anonymous said...

How awesome for you. These ladies are the Best!!!! To enjoy one's job and work with the best of the best...that's all one can ask for.
Lynn you are truly blessed.

Love,
Mom

travis said...

Wow, Lynn, your coworkers are really wonderful. What a great group of women!

I can't stop thinking about y'all. I'm so excited!!!!

Love,
Betsy