Sunday, August 6, 2006

107 Days in PGN and Counting...

I know I haven't posted recently, not much is happening. I have started going to school everyday to set up my classroom and get everything ready for a new school year. My first official day back will be August 15, and the kiddos start back on August 16. Believe it or not, I'm actually really excited about the new school year. I hadn't planned on going back to work until Nov. or Dec. because I thought our baby would have been home by now and I was going to take off several months to spend time with him. But now that I have gotten back into the swing of things, I am so excited. I really do love my job, and I just fall in love with those little munchkins every year. Another plus about it is that it will help the time go by much faster while I wait to get out of PGN. The worse part about it is getting up at 5:30 every morning. That just kills me, I am soooo not a morning person. Anyway, since there isn't anything new happening with Dominick, I thought I'd post a few pictures that I haven't posted yet.


This was Jon's Father's Day gift. I bought him and Dominick shirts that say "Big Dude" and "Little Dude". But since Dominick wasn't here, we put his shirt on Gizmo to model it. Poor baby, this was not the first time that we made the poor dog wear Dominick's clothes. I guess that is just what desperate parents do when they have to wait 12 months for their baby to come home.


This was the hotel we stayed at in Guatemala. It is a 5 star hotel and the service was UNBELIEVABLE!!! I've never seen so many people who are so friendly and love their jobs so much. Everyone who worked at this hotel spoke both Spanish and English fluently. They will go out of their way to do anything for you...you'd have to see it to understand just how awesome the service is at this place.


The heated pool at the Marriott.

Okay mom, since you keep REMINDING me not to post any pictures of you, I just had to post this one of you lounging on the goose down comforter after a long travel day to Guatemala. Hee-Hee, hope you're not mad!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't mind the picture but I sure do mind that we've been in PGN for 107 days. I'm desperate to get our adorable grandson home.

Love,
Maw Maw Dee

Andrea said...

I hope that the "flood gates" that have seemed to open in PGN include your family! 107 days is a long, long time! Best wishes!